September 17, 2007 More sights

Where there is water, there is the Flynn kids. Papa is trying to trick Max into getting closer - Max is smarter than that!

Max climbed up "all by myself" and is very proud! Maggie is trying SO hard. I taught her to say, "I think I can, I think I can". The passersby thought is was cute :o)

The picture below was taken by Max. Not bad for a 3 year old huh?






Okay, a few more "catch-up" days and I'll be current. Most days are routine but we have done a few things definitely worth noting. Last Friday, as in the 14th, we went to the National Monument. Can you believe I was raised in the DC area and have never, to my knowledge/recollection, been to the top of the monument? Crazy huh. So - we went! The kids call it "the big crayon" and were excited to go up but once inside I think they found it a little boring. I loved it! Anyone ever been? You can see ALL of DC from up there AND they have pics of how it has changed. Pretty cool. I am attaching a photo that is a view of The Capitol and our house is just behind it about a mile. Cool huh. We live within walking distance of the capitol. The other photos are of the kids doing what - that's right, playing in yet more fountains. Oh, the day we went up in the monument was kinda overcast so the photo is a bit hazy but still cool. Our house is behind the capitol 12 blocks and to the left 3 blocks.


5 comments:

Maria said...

I lived in DC, about 10 blocks from the Washington Monument,for four years and never went up it! And even John has been to the top of the St Louis Arch. I was raised there and have never been up.
Woops! I meant to get around to both!

Liz said...

YAY, YAY, YAY FOR THE FLYNN PAGE!!!

I just read this post and I'm SO VERY EXCITED to read the rest!

Carly will be SO VERY EXCITED to see pictures of her Max and her Maggie!!! YAY!

Brandi said...

Just wanted to stop in and say Hi. I saw your comment on another page and was glad I found you.

Kalyn said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!! I found you!!! We miss you guys- and hope all is well in DC!!! :)

McCoyFamily said...

So Glad your back blogging We miss you Flynn's!