UGH!

December 4, 2008

I was doing really well the last few days, REALLY well. Exercising, eating all the right foods and at all the right times. I finally found my motivation then... Mike came home tonight and said we had dinner at the Colonels, and to top it off the kids were invited - UGH! Now please understand, the colonel and his wife are great, really super nice people. And the colonel knows some English, a lot actually, which really helps to normalize conversation when your vocabulary has holes. And they have a 4 year old daughter who is SUPER cute. So why the double ugh? Well, Colombians don't eat dinner 'til waaaay late. Diet rule #1 b.r.o.ke.n. They LOVE heavy foods with lot's of butter, cream etc. Diet rule #2 b.r.o.ke.n. There is ALWAYS dessert and it's rude not to have any. Diet rule #3 b.r.o.k.e.n. And let's not forget the alcohol. Diet rule #4 b.r.o.k.e.n. And what really tops off the "oh no my diet" drama is that the Colonel's aunt is like a friggin' gourmet chef who made tons of mouth watering appetizers BEFORE the dinner that didn't even start until around 8:30. Yes, that's 8:30. So now you see why I didn't want to bring the kids. What time did we get home? Um yeah that would be 11:00. Guess who's NOT going to school tomorrow. Oh yeah, and btw, my empleada asked for tomorrow off so I have no help. I know sob sob but really, if I had known earlier I could have done some of my errands today. Now I have to take 2 preschoolers with me tomorrow to stand in line at 2 banks to pay some bills and this process, as I KNOW you've heard me complain about before, will probably take an hour each.

Hmmm, I am spoiled aren't I. But still, you gotta feel me on the diet part.

2 comments:

Liz said...

ohhhhh that's not good. i'm sorry!

Kalyn said...

Rules are meant to be broken :) No really though.... it's okay if you slip up ONCE in a while. Get back on track, and you'll be fine.
WAIT-A-MINUTE!!!!
YOU..... are DIETING????? ARE YOU CRAZY???