October 08, 2009
WOW October... we've been in Colombia for 1 year and 3 months now. Time flies! So the reason I haven't been posting lately is the desk top computer died. I FINALLY found a guy to fix it and he said there was something crazy like a million viruses on the thing. And NO I am not exaggerating but there may have been a communication failure:-) So my idea of an external hard drive for christmas may have been a bit tardy. Mike is on it now but WOW does it cost ALOT for someone to back-up files before wiping the computer clean and reloading all the programs!
Anywho, you may be wondering about the title of this post. It means curly, as in hair. Yesterday I took Max for a haircut and ever since then Maggie has been asking me to curl her hair. Um yeah, have you SEEN that poker straight hair. I mean not even a hint of a wave ever. I was not feeling so confident in this project but after her bath I put in some of those soft curlers you can sleep in. OH MY GOSH... when we took the curlers out this morning she looked like Shirley Temple - so cute! Unfortunately she LOVED them and wanted me to put them in again tonight. I forsee a lot of curlers in my future!
The kids have a week off. Fall break. Odd timing if you ask me, school barely started but it is what it is. That's my new phrase in life btw, really it helps with the annoying stuff. Anyway the timing really sucks because Mike had to escorts some Colombians to the US this week and won't be back for yet another week. So a whole week off and he's gone. We've done alright playing with some of the American kids but I finally got over myself and called some of their school friends. And let me tell you there is nothing worse than a foreign language over the phone! But we had a playdate today with Arturo and his mom, Angelica. She is SUPER nice and very patient with me. We went to the park and then dinner for the kids at McD's. I know Liz but really ALL kids like the golden arches. Back to my point... I spent HOURS immersed in Spanish and actually had a good time. Tomorrow it's Martin's house but I'm just dropping them off so no work for me :o)
As a side note McD's is much better for adults here than in the US. They have an actual cafe attached with great coffees and desserts. Angelica and I had cappuccinos with cinnamon and danish - YUM!
6 comments:
Gee, who would have thought that both of us would leave Cali for a foreign country? Except you actually know some of their language! I really thought I would pick up more Japanese, but being so surrounded by Americans hasn't pushed me to learn. Hand gestures can be very communicative!
Glad your back to posting! Post some pictures of Maggie with curls. I'll bet she is adorable with curls!
That's so funny. It's like you KNOW.
Ditto on the photo of Maggie w/ curls.
=)
Tom and Austen still get McD's at times and it just makes me cringe. Everything in moderation, I suppose...
thirds on the pictures of Maggie with curls!
Photo???
Ohhhh McDonald's. Yuck! I agree but true-moderation (as in once a year!) is the key. =)
Can't wait to see pics of Mags.
Time for an update Michelle:)
Post a Comment