Finally... CUSCO, PERU! This is a tiny little city that has exploded due to the tourism. Much bigger than I expected.
This is the Plaza del Armas. The upscale hotels are here, shops and restaurants. This is also a common pick-up location for the bus tours. Since we were there the first week of January it was still lit up at night with christmas decor - so pretty and festive!

Another view from the plaza.
Hmmm, this looks like the same photo but it's not :o)
Beautiful architecture.

My gal posing by a reindeer begging me to take her photo!

I had to take a picture of Mag's by the Chez Maggy restuarant. The guide book said this had great brick oven pizza... we didn't try it. But we did try the Chez Maggy in Aguascalientes. It was ok.

They INSISTED we buy these cute little incan hats and gloves. Not sure when they'll wear them again because it's just not that cold in Bogota but they sure looked cute on the trip!

My little climbers.
This archway led up to a large market filled with everything from toys and clothes to whole sides of cow!
I wish I could've gotten a shot with no cars or people!
In front of the archway this girl was selling hardboiled quail eggs. Obviously they were fresh since the quail were right there!

Sad old woman sitting on the sidewalk. They really do dress like this!
Maggie and Papa

The church
Off to the left of this church is the big market. I'll post pics of that in the next installment of "my Peru adventure". Trust me, this isn't even a quarter of the photos I took! These photos are what we took the afternoon we got to Cusco. Tomorrow the Sacred Valley Ruins which lead up to the show stopper Machu Picchu. And believe me IT IS A SHOWSTOPPER!
2 comments:
oh I love those hats on the kids!!! Adorable. And such beautiful pics. What a great experience for all of you!
so cute! that is SOOOO beautiful
Post a Comment