Sacred Valley Part II

March 22, 2010

Our first stop of the day on the tour of the Sacred Valley was actually Pisaq. They are well known for a large flea market on Tues and Sundays. We could not make either of those days so went on a day when the market is small. Besides the clothing and souvenirs you can also buy pottery and food.

Max found this flute called a saku, I think. He LOVED it and played it the rest of the day!
Maggie found a little Incan doll and I got some jewelry. On the whole though all the stuff just seemed way too touristy and unoriginal.
Photo out the window on our way to Ollantaytambo.


Just hanging out playing the harp.

View down the city "street".


Ollantaytambo ruin.

Up, up, up we go!

Ooops! Didn't mean to load this photo. Ah well. We climbed way up to the top of this ruin where there were a couple structures built. Well, okay, I climbed then Mike climbed. The kids made it about half way :o)
This is a view of the town from about half way up.

No comments: