Happy 8th Birthday Bug! I cannot believe my little man is eight years old, almost a month now. His birthday was on the 4th and, miracle of all miracles, we were able to have his birthday party ON his birthday.
Surprise, surprise my boy wanted a Star Wars party. Also a big surprise is that his buddy Seth also had a Star Wars party for his birthday and Lucas is having one as well in September. I tell you that George Lucas was a genious!
So my challenge this year was a storm trooper helmet cake which then, at the last minute, turned into a request for Jengo Fett instead of a storm trooper. As I was about to assemble the cake he tried to change, yet again, to Bubba Fett but this mama's flexible meter broke and Jengo Fett it was!
![]() |
| Not the most professional cake but still it came out pretty good and Max was over the top excited. What else could you ask for right? |

DROID BALL that's what! My oh so clever husband adapted Dodge Ball. Max was on the "light" side with 2 buddies and his sister.
Darth Vadar, aka Zach, was on the "dark" side.

Of course the beauty of the game was the "DARTH MAL BALL". The black football in the middle, aka Darth Mal, made the player who caught it turn to the other side. Dark became light and visa versa. This added a fun little twist to the game I must say.

The mad dash!

Poor Isaac was overcome by not one but TWO balls!
BTW I'm lovin' my new camera and it's ability to capture the action!

No Star Wars Party would be complete with Vadar!
Or at least the head of Vadar :)
All lined up and ready for "Vadar Says". Then we saved Hans Solo from a block of ice but mommy got distracted by some parents and missed/forgot to get photos. (To play freeze 2 Hans Solos in a block of ice. Set up 2 teams with a bucket of warm water and a cup. Relay with cups of water until someone sets Hans free! Great way to use up all that cake energy.
Followed by a little musical chairs to star wars theme music.
Last, but not least, the pinata!!! Which was not very sturdy. Max and 2 other boys gave it 1 or 2 good whacks and BAM! candymania.



Of course we ate some pizza and cake in between activities.
And when all the kids left we opened presents and then took naps. Ok Mike and I napped while the kids played with the new toys!
Two days later the fabulous Star Wars ship sent by Aunt Amy and Uncle John was complete! (And Max lost a tooth, can you see the little front gap?)








3 comments:
Happy Birthday Max! Great party Michelle. I may steal these ideas for G's 8th birthday.
Great themed games for the party. And the cake is amazing!
Great pics! Happy Birthday to Max! I cannot believe how fast time has gone!
Post a Comment