I'm so happy to see that many friends are finding my blog with very little, really no, advertising by me. Which is perfect at the moment because I am always running short on time. I don't know why... 2 toddlers, 2 dogs, learning a new language, remodeling a house and of course still leaving ample amounts of time for exploring DC with my kids. Gotta have priorities! Right now though my priority is to finish my spanish homework and GO TO BED! ( or as they say in spanish "necesito acostarse"). I think, Judy is that right? Like I said before, learning spanish is a slow steady process. No big deal for me because it's just a bonus of Mike's job but Mike HAS to learn for the job. Me thinks he has a bit more pressure! Geez the blog tonight is like Seinfeld - a blog about nothing! The only event I have to report today is a trip to the zoo which was FABULOUS! Amazingly I met a great new friend, Colleen, at the park a few weeks ago. She has 2 kids, Cub 4 and Maggie 2. Yes, a Maggie with blonde hair and green eyes - crazy huh. But wait - there is more. Colleen moved in the exact same day I did and is here for only one year. She lives 2 blocks west and one block south of me. We decided to do kid swaps every weekend so we can have date nights. Works great because we can hang during the day (you know, with each other :o) ) and with our hubbies on the weekends knowing our kids are safe. Okay so we went to the zoo today. Great fun which I wasn't expecting because the National Zoo is nothing next to the SD zoo. Now JL will love this part of the story. I found Max and Cub to be VERY similar. Remember the "key inicident" at Lorelai's birthday party JL? Well today Max says, "mom will you carry me". I say no you can walk or sit in the stroller. He exclaims "oh" in a most pitiful manner. A few minutes later he says, "mom can I have a hug" like I'm gonna say no! So I hug him and he says, "again"... then he tops it off with a "mom I need you to hug me while you walk". Clever ape! Much later in the day it's getting warm and Cub says to his mom. "I'm really hot. Boy I'm starting to sweat.... I think I need some ice cream to cool me down". See what I mean - peas in a pod! I think we may need to decrease contact between the 2 before they outsmart us!
Okay, I REALLY need to do my homework and go to bed! Sorry no photos tonight.
3 comments:
michelle - that is so clever of him!
did you get the invite?
Do you think that if I tried the hug while walking bit that John would carry me everywhere? Or do I have to wait until Andy's a bit bigger---so he can carry me?
Yes Liz... thank you, thank you!
And No Maria I don't think John would carry you. Would be nice though... kids have it so easy they have NO idea!
Post a Comment