The post says the 7th but we really went last week and caught the tail end of the Christmas display. It was AMAZING! First a photo outside The Capitol with a big beautiful Christmas tree out front that looks teeeny tiny compared to the rest of the photo but really it was impressive up close and personal!
Outside they had a train display that was really cool. As you can see it was all made of wood and this too was gigantic with a fabulous wood bridge and tons of trains running at the same time so the kids were in awe.
Inside was SUPER warm and this we had to take off our jackets quickly after leaving this room and entering "The Rain forest".
But first I had to get at least one photo of a replica. There was one replica of each monument,The Capitol, and the White House. VERY COOL. Each had it's own story of being made with this wood, or that gourd etc. The detail was unbelievable! If you're ever in DC for the holiday's this is a must see for adults and children alike. My kids LOVED it!
The jungle had the coolest flowers. I just had to take a few photos!
Just look at the dew drops!Okay, I promise house pictures REALLY soon! Everything is "mostly" done but we keep having to shuffle the mess from the projects from one room to another and I CANNOT take a photo of my brand new room with a bunch of "stuff" distracting from the beauty. But soon - I promise!
5 comments:
Those ARE some gorgeous flowers. Keep on posting pics!
that is so cool! i love how maggie and max match....we were just thinking of maggie the other day when we saw some sweet ballerina s-book paper that would be perfect for her! yay!
On that note, we'll be in Maryland in June for a wedding and will have 2-3 days to see the DC sights. MUST HAVE INFO. 2 kidless days to be tourists :)
Yeah! I'll e-mail you with info. So much to see, so little time!!!
So much of the time that I was there is was under renovations and then when it reopened, it was still being "stocked" with flora. I wish I'd been able to see this. So cool. I realize all the things that I missed out on from not having kids. Sure I went to some great bars, but this stuff is way better. All the more reason for us to move back there...and soon!
Post a Comment