Today it is FREEZING outside! The temp is low, about 35 degrees, but the worst is the WIND!!!! Geez, I feel like I live in Chicago. So, we went to the building museum which was great fun. We got REALLY lucky with a parking space less than a block away. AND, just to remind me there are still good people in this world, a man kindly gave me 2 quarters for the meter. Before I left I knew I needed to grab some but just plain forgot and only had a $1 in change. Would have bought us an hour but really 2 hours was needed. Anywho, the building museum is way fun. The museum is housed in the old patten office. The inside is one giant room where they used to hold meetings. Overhead are the balconies for each floor, I think 5 floors, with HUGE columns and very ornate detail. I am sooo not a writer and am not explaining it well but it truly is awe inspiring. Anyway, in the main room downstairs there is also a fountain in the middle. But we went to the KIDS CONSTRUCTION ZONE. It's like an indoor playground with anything and everything you can possibly think of, including tools and construction outfits, to use to build things. We played with giant foam blocks and made walls to destroy, magnetic blocks to build robots and guns, took tools into the giant playhouse and constructed walls etc... The kids had a blast! My temperamental camera was not functioning so... no photos :o( But the wonderful Kalyn gave me some recommendations so soon I will have a new one. Anyway, afterwards we went to the Firehook Bakery. They have a little store in the museum. Anyone from DC knows they make THE BEST COOKIES EVER!
When we got home the kids wanted pizza for lunch. Now this is a GREAT idea for anyone who needs a cold/rainy day activity with their kids. We used the Betty Crocker pizza mix, ragu sauce and 2% cheese mixed with a little Parmesan for extra flavor. The mix takes only 5 minutes, just add hot water and let it sit. I put the dough in a spring form pan, let the kids dust their hands with flour and off they went making the crust. Each got to scoop out some sauce and sprinkle cheese. Start to finish only 20 minutes and they loved doing it! The spring form worked well to help keep the dough, cheese and sauce from hitting the table and was really easy to remove for pizza cutting. I highly recommend this! Oh and it tasted really good too. I wasn't sure about the package crust but actually it was quite tasty. Now if you have a kid that isn't quite so picky as Max you could use veggies or meats to make a face on it!
Not bad for homemade huh?

I know someone who was happy!
Oh, and check out the wall behind Max, that's our new kitchen color and the bead board which got stained to match the floors today... more photos coming tomorrow - PROMISE!

Max insisted on this photo, he kept posing and saying "take it Mommy". Can you say ham?
6 comments:
ragu makes the best pizza sauce! what a great idea! and, the color is perfect. you love it, right?
yay for the photos!
1st I WANT cookies! So miss FB!!! Send me some?
2nd I never bothered with that museum. Now I wish I had! Sounds fabulous. I have no idea why I didn't.
3rd I use that crust and make my own sauce with pureed spinach and carrots. Andy has no idea there are veggies in it, he just likes his ZIZZA!
Love the continued progress on the house!!!
I used to do that with sauce too Maria only I added EVERY veggie under the sun. Gotta love pasta sauce! Anywho, now my 2 LOVE veggies and I just serve it alon side. Maggie even picks the veggies first!
Look at that face! God, I miss the Flynn kids!
And that color is gorgeous. Hooray for painting!
That pizza looks so good!!!!
Post a Comment