March 13, 2008
This morning was rough, well the time change has screwed me up all week. Maggie was the perfect alarm clock consistently waking me up at 6:45. Well that is now, of course, 7:45. School starts at 8:30 and my class at 9:00 so 45 minutes is NOT enough time to feed and dress 2 toddlers, myself, and get everyone to school. Especially since we all go to different schools. I can't wait for the day those 2 are in the same school! After school we headed to the park where the kids JUST COULD NOT BEHAVE! It was one fight after another with lot's of wailing. A lady with pretty new baby twins looks at me and said, "I am just now wondering what I have done". Okay so that was a little funny. EVERYONE thinks they are twins, which I get. Actually I sometimes just say "yes" when people ask - it's easier than the truth. Also this a.m. I found out the house we wanted is gone, sniff. I know we lost our initial bid but 8 other offers had been turned down because they "couldn't come to terms". So I was hoping the 9th would be the same and we would be lucky number 10 but no... Ah well, looks like we'll rent this place for another 2 years and then see what we can find. It's all good but I will never find another house like that dump Victorian. As I read other blogs, i.e Liz and her phone, Brandi and the 2 yr old tantrums plus lack of sleep, I realize it's not just me that's having a rough one. Also, as coincidence, Max was watching little bear and the show was about "A bad day" too funny. Max agreed saying he was having a bad luck day and kept pretending to fall or walk into furniture - NUT.
Onto the good news... Liz's friend Amy is gonna get to see her baby today!!!! And she has some legal workings in the process so let's all pray that gets worked out ASAP. For those confused Amy has a 7'ish week old son with a syndrome, probably osteogenesis imperfecta or "brittle bone" disease. When she took him to the ER out of concern the doctors had him placed with social services because he had a number of broken bones. Which would be good if he was abused but since we know he is not it's just a waiting game for test results etc and in the meantime poor Amy is without her baby. Hmmm, doesn't sound like good news but it is because she hasn't seen him for over a week!
Next piece of good news, Mrs. Fischer found out today she is having a fischette (also known as a BABY GIRL!!!!). Yeah Fischers. She is beautiful, of course, and perfectly healthy!
Last, but not least, the weather here has finally come round and we are no longer freezing to death. That combined with the longer daylight hours has made me VERY happy. The kids are happier too because they get to go to the park after naps now.
Oh, and it looks like July 30 will be our check in date for Bogota. Oye it is getting sooooo close! We filled out forms for housing, I think we have some takers for the dogs, and the passports are almost ready. Everything is moving along well...
2 comments:
This is a great post! I do think the lady at the park was funny!
And yay for pink! This might come as a TOTAL SHOCK but yours truly will be making a sad trek of shame back to the Gymboree store tomorrow. He said, and I quote, "But NOT ALL AT THE SAME TIME, Liz!" I do get to keep the strawberry hat an romper, though. It's the going-home outfit, I promise. =)
ANYWAY, I'm really sorry about your house; I know you really wanted it. Does this mean that you don't have to play hostess to hundreds of realtors and their last-minute clients?
How ironic, I had a terrible day on Thursday too. Even more ironic, it also ended well! I went to dinner with my friends, and they made me feel much better. Wish you could have been there!
Email me at js_walter@hotmail.com. I will send you Morgan's email. I don't want to post her email though, just my own, LOL.
Post a Comment