EASTER on the HILL 2008

March 22, 2008

Happy Easter Everyone!

I had reservations about moving back into our house in the city with children. But really, it's been so much better than I could have imagined. Since we left 5 years ago there has been a child explosion and the hill has been taken over by families. The community has a small town feel. Probably because we are clustered in a small area behind the capital and limited by the Potomac, route 295 (Maryland) and a not so nice street (H Street) which is scheduled for revitalization but at this point I wouldn't spend any time there or want to live too close to it. Anyway, my point is for a city it really is a small town and they do GREAT stuff for the kids. I'm sure you all remember my post about Oktoberfest, then Hilloween, the Christmas Festivities and now EASTER! We had soooo much fun yesterday. Take a peek at the bazillions of pictures, and to be honest I have not posted them all :o

Field of eggs BEFORE the kids


This was the toddler only field. Look at all the kids and parents lining up. This view was nothing compared to the droves lining up behind me.

Maggie patiently waiting... okay, NOT! You all know Maggie, twice she already ducked under the tape and tried to grab a few. That's my girl!


Mike was standing with Maggie a few feet from me and Max was by my side. So I only got to share my wisdom with one child. What you ask could that be during an Easter Egg Hunt for toddlers... "Run Forest Run!" Seriously, there were hundreds of people behind us so I told Max not to stop for the eggs by the tape but to RUN to the middle. And he did. Such a good listener. Well, sometimes... for candy, DEFINITELY!
That's my baby in the blue and green striped jacket with the hood up.
He made out pretty well I must say.
Poor Maggie didn't get the same sage advice. I see Mike in the gray shirt (you know the guy with marine hair) looking down at what I presume to be my daughter lost in the sea of chaos!

There is my little striped jacket guy between the two trees. Not a concern in the world that he has no family nearby. Mom who? Whatever there is CHOCOLATE in these eggs!


After the egg hunt, well and a bit before, there was LOT'S of other things to do.

Like pet REAL bunnies!

Throw rings over ducky heads...
and win candy whether or not you are any good at it!
What could be more fun than throwing candy at a bulls eye then keeping said candy plus a bonus toy if you hit the bulls eye!

Fishing anyone?

Hey, that's not fish... it's candy. SCORE!


Such concentration...
I missed Maggie because she picked up the ball, chucked it without thought and STRIKE! All three pins went down :o)


The EASTER BUNNY is here, the EASTER BUNNY is here!!!!!


Max, searching for the carrot in his pocket he brought for the bunny.
So Maggie offers him her half chewed piece of candy, LOL.
The good bunny pretends to eat it.
Where are my eggs?
(This was before the egg hunt and eggs were ALL Maggie could think about)

Did I mention the FREE coffee, popcorn, juice, water, cotton candy... Seriously, I spent not one dime for this event! They also gave out tickets at the entrance for prize drawings. Two kids won really cool bikes, a family of 4 movie passes and a jar of jelly beans. I think the jelly beans were for a "guess how many" game. If it didn't get so darn cold in the winter this place would come close to San Diego. OK, there is no beach either but there are a lot of museums (all free by the way) and national monuments. You all should come visit!

6 comments:

Liz said...

that looks like SO MUCH FUN!!! i love maggie and the "where are my eggs!" so funny. =)

Maria said...

Which park was that? I couldn't tell from the pictures. I had such an amazing time in DC but I see that there really was an entire world that I missed by not having kids there. I really hope we're back in the area within the next three or four years.
As for the beach, if you're willing to settle for the Chesapeake, you can be at the beach in 30 mins! And it's dog friendly too!

Anonymous said...

That picture of Maggie at the top is gorgeous. You're going to need to live in Fort Knox itself when that girl hits her teens...

McCoyFamily said...

How fun! I can't get over all those eggs in the park I bet the kids had a blast!

Brandi said...

That looks so fun! We'll be there in June. I totally need cool places to go. We have 3 kidless days.

Judy said...

SOOOOO many eggs! Looks like it was tons o' fun! =)