December 18, 2008

Wowee life sure does stay interesting! Today we went to an orphanage to help throw a christmas party for the kids. Unfortunately I forgot my camera. The party was nice though. The kids sang some christmas songs and then Santa handed out the gifts we bought for all the girls. It was fun to see the bartering going on afterward - I'll trade you my "hello kitty" purse for your earrings. Very cute! And of course we baked a ton of goodies to take along. I also brought my kids with me although I was the only one. I think it's good for them to understand how fortunate they are and how others don't have nearly so much, not even parents. The whole idea went over Maggie's head but Max was a bit concerned. He wanted to know what happened to the mama's and papa's. Then he asked if he could take home a brother and a sister. How sweet is that?! Melted my heart really. This orphanage was all girls. A few asked questions about my kids and when they heard Maggie was adopted well... they just couldn't leave her alone! Anyway, I had finally come to the conclusion that I wasn't so interested in going through the adoption process again. Really the chances of it being so easy a second time were about zero but after seeing all those girls... Well, I may need to reconsider!

5 comments:

Liz said...

sweet max! i love this post for a hundred reasons. =)

Kalyn said...

Max really IS a sweetheart!!!!! How cute it he??!!! That is great that they met Maggie and saw her in a warm loving home!!!!

McCoyFamily said...

This post makes me want to cry it's so sweet:)

Morgan said...

What Liz said!

I would have come home with extras.

Brandi said...

Do it mama Flynn!