Muchas Gracias to The English from The Colombia :o)

December 3, 2008

Yeah my goodies from "the English" arrived yesterday! That's the version of the US Max uses, my boy is so clever ;o) Anyway, a big shout out to Liz Fisher who found 99.9% of the stuff I couldn't find here in Colombia - you are the best!!! And of course she sent some cute little gifts. Which I do have photos of but my hubby decided to take the camera cord to work with him and then take off on a trip to Cartagena for a few days soooo.... no photos, sigh.

I also have photos of the awesome meatball soup Liz posted, what did you name it "cute soup?". The kids loved it. Well, Max picked out the meatballs just like Carly. Maggie, my little carnivore, gobbled them up! I pulled some seperate for me and put in beans instead of meatballs and that was really good too. Oh, and I added sage to the meatball mix. It's one of my fav spices so I couldn't resist. Anywho it's good and easy and you all should make it!

In other random news, I have finally come to the decision that this mom stuff is hard work, I mean like REALLY hard. Perhaps today was just an extra special bad day but I think 2 preschoolers at once is enough to make anyone batty. Every second of the day someone was screaming and someone was running the other direction, usually laughing. Is that a bad sign? You know that they get pleasure out of torturing one another? It's interesting too because apparently only THEY can torture each other. If someone else tries to bully either of them they won't stand for it. So it's days like these when I think I should send them to school full days. In case I haven't mentioned the Montessori they go to has a full day program, as in 8-3, that they can start attending in January. I'm on the fence. Should I push them to start a year earlier than I had planned? The program is AMAZING! 20 kids and 2 teachers with horses, a garden, HUGE playground, computer room, ballet, soccer, tai kwon do... But I'm afraid Max won't be happy. Mike thinks I am making too much of this. Max is a mama's boy and prefers to sit at home with me. He often complains he doesn't want to go to school but he ALWAYS comes home happy. And then there is the money, about double. Which isn't bad considering it's all day. And starting in August Max is paid for by the gov't. So - what to do?

Can you tell I'm home alone?

4 comments:

Liz said...

The English LOVES you! =)

I say...go for the whole day. I think it will be hard for you for a while, but it will be GREAT for the kids...besides, what if their spaces are gone in August? Sweet Max will be okay - he has a good time once he gets to school. =)

Morgan said...

That's the big difference between you and me, Michelle. Liz posts recipes - I opt for the buttermilk pie (yeah with the whole stick of butter) and you opt for the yummy healthy soup... lol.

I would keep the kiddos at home as long as you can. That's coming from the momma who missed those years though. So, I am biased. You're an awesome mom and whatever works out will be for the best.

Jess said...

I just may try the meatball soup. All my little meat eaters will like the meatballs.
I think while all day wouldn't hurt the kids, it also wouldn't hurt to wait another year. Do what you feel is best for you, Max, and Maggie. I know, I am immensely helpful.

Brandi said...

Sounds like you think Maggie would like it? Maybe send her in Jan and see if Max reacts? I don't know if its a good idea to split up the kids...since i only have 1.5 kids, LOL. You can always try and if he doesn't like it pull him out. It sounds like a fantastic program.