August 10, 2010
The other night I was reading this blog and eating frosting from a can. Gross I know but I had a HUGE sugar craving and since I keep no sugar in my house this was my only option. *Side note, I have a can of frosting leftover from Maggie's birthday as my back-up plan in case my homemade frosting didn't come out well. Anyway, I was saying... I was eating frosting from a can and reading this blog when my hubby comes in and exclaims, "Sweetie you aren't eating that straight from can? That's not good for you!" To which I replied, "duh". And I had to laugh because the topic of said blog I was reading had to do with a hangover. Now those of you who know me know I don't drink. Well not as in never, ever but rarely. Just not my thing and I'm not crazy about the taste except for the girly drinks which contain too much sugar and calories so I don't usually go there. Oh except for gin and tonic but I'm getting off topic AGAIN. Ok so, hang over blog, eating frosting, not good for you. Which led me to think about my dear hubby.
Last year at the marine corps ball Mike drank just a little too much. Okay ALOT too much and was seriously ill the next day. I'm hoping he is NOT reading this because he will not be too happy for sharing. Anyway the kids wanted to know what was wrong with Papa so I decided this was a good time to learn a bit about alcohol. I told them that Papa drank tooo much alcohol and that alcohol is poison so now Papa is sick. And then I promptly forgot about it. They didn't...
Flash forward about a month and a half and we get on an airplane to head to Machu Picchu. Sitting behind us on the plane were a group of Americans, marines no less. Now my kids are NOT shy. Matter of fact Maggie is SUCH an extrovert I worry about her being a prime kidnap victim! So Maggie and Max start chatting up the marines. I believe one of them was under the weather due to the altitude. To which my sweet little munchkins exclaim, "My Papa drank alcohol...that's poison and he was sick for a whole day! Did you drink poison?" Ah ha ha. Mike didn't find it too funny :o)
1 comment:
Now where was Maggie to set me straight when I was drinking poison?!? ;)
Post a Comment