July 22, 2008
Well we finished the pack out for round 2, the stuff going TO Colombia, Tomorrow we start round 3, stuff going into non-temporary storage. Fun, fun, fun... NOT! The upside is I have only noted 2 minor mistakes 1. the trunk that we usually store kid toys in did NOT make the truck to Bogota and 2. my clothes boxed for non-temp storage WENT to Bogota. Could be alot worse huh. Right now someone is cleaning my furniture so it will be perfect going into storage therefore easier to make claims coming out of storage should a claim be needed.
Mike is out right now buying one more suit. Not sure what happened there but he only had 2 for the new job so one more was definitely in order. I have one more physical therapy session on Friday. While I am no where near "cured" I am much better and totally functional... thank you Scott! I don't think it will be too hard to get approval for more in Colombia but the translation of my issues, well, that's a whole other story! The kids are having fun at Aunt Natalie's and are looking forward to see Auntie Lia tomorrow. Saturday we drop the car off to the storage facility and then a birthday party for Max at my mom's house. And that should be it... fingers crossed it all goes according to plan. We fly out early Monday morning! Not sure after that how long I will be incommunicado but I'll post as soon as I can.
Our new address is not to be used for security purposes but all our mail goes through the embassy. I will mass e-mail everyone tonight with that information. We also set-up a Vonage account with an 800 number so all can call free! But my cell will also ring, through vonage via the internet, in my home just as soon as I a home and internet access.
I think that's all the details for now. So far so good. I must admit though, I am getting a bit nervous. Whose idea was it to move to a country where pretty much no one speaks english?
8 comments:
i do believe that you are the only person i know who could pull this off. you rock the casbah - and i cannot wait to see photos of nonsecure parts of your new gorgeous apartment-complete-with-staff.
Wow you are about to embark on an unforgettable journey just have fun you'll be back in the states before you know it! Don't forget to keep us posted on all of your awesome adventuers! Have Lots of Fun Flynn family!!!
When can we come visit?
I wish you all the luck in the world. My sister (well - really, my brother-in-law) has been on embassy duty for the past three years and they love it!!! Reading your stuff about all three pack outs brought me back to when she had to do it!!! Glad you made out okay - and I hope everything on the other end is AWESOME!!!
WOW... the time has finally come huh?? We are all soooo excited for you- and can't wait to see all the new photos! :)You are such a strong woman, and like Liz said- probably the only one I know who can do this with no worries!!! :) Have a great time- and enjoy the experience!!!
Uh Liz and Kalyn, thanks for the confidence but um... perhaps it's overstated. LOL I am doing my best and so far no big mix-ups.
I can't believe the time has come for you to leave already!!! I can't wait to see the pics of your first impressions of Columbia!
Here's to fair winds and following seas!
Ok, so now I get it...you are really going! Be safe and have a a blast (and by blast I mean nothing flammable...security reasons people)
Post a Comment