Magic

May 5, 2009

Max LOVES magic. Always has. Yesterday we were playing with these cool blocks that my sister got Maggie for Christmas and somehow we ended up doing magic. I had a tiny block in my hands and was shaking it. Max would say "abracadabra alakazoo make the block disappear from you". While he was talking I would drop the block in my lap. He was soooo excited. Then he'd say "abracadabra, alakazam, make the block appear..." and he'd pick a place like "behind my ear". Again, I'd grab the block from my lap when he wasn't looking and make it appear. Then he wanted to try. He would shake the block, say his phrase and "huhhhh" a disgusted sigh as the block was still in his hand. He tried this 3 times before becoming agitated and saying, "God dammit"! So darn cute but of course I had to play that one off! Oh and clearly, he got that from me. But hey it's better than a lot of things he could have picked up - right? Anyway, I stroked his sweet little cheek and told him those weren't nice words to say even when frustrated. Then I told him Mama and Papa went to magic school at 6 so when he turns 6 he will be able to do magic too. I got a sad little, "okay" and he put the block down. My poor little bug was so defeated!

3 comments:

Mommy3 said...

Sweet Little Max!

Liz said...

AAAAHAHAHAHAHA

what a great story!

and smart you about magic school...but what are you going to do when he's six?? because you KNOW he's going to remember!!!

Jess said...

Oh, how I miss Max and Maggie. He is smart as a whip, you better get the "Magic School" lessons planned because he will be attending!