May 21, 2009
I went to the neurologist today. Not sure if you all recall but about 10 months ago I hurt myself, BAD. My arm and neck were in excruciating pain and then I lost sensation in my arm and hand and, for a few hours, blood flow in my arm. My arm went completely cold. Thankfully the cold resolved quickly, didn't want to lose my arm! But the pain, oh the pain was sooooo bad I couldn't eat or sleep. Stupid doctor at Bethesda Naval had the nerve to give me motrin and said it should resolve on it's own. Motrin, really? Perhaps he wasn't listening when I said I was in too much pain to even breath. Well, needless to say I went home and consulted my personal narcotics stash (all those surgies in 2005 sure came in handy right then) and began to self medicate. Even flying high I was still in some serious pain. Finally I convince them for some PT but we moved about 3 weeks after I started. I continued my exercises here but never got feeling back in one of my fingers. Guess that's not too bad considering for a while my whole left arm and hand were numb. Anyway, I just finished all the tests with the neurologist and I am the lucky winner of....
THREE HERNIATED CERVICAL DISCS!!!!!
If that doesn't make you feel old I don't know what will. Atleast I'm not in pain anymore so I'm off to physical therapy to hopefully keep me from further injury. Don't know that I'll ever feel my finger again though... so sad.
2 comments:
"Don't know that I'll ever feel my finger again though... so sad."
Oh, Michelle, best blog line ever! So sad. Glad you're not in pain anymore. I will hope you can feeling back again though.
That sucks, Michelle. I think you best get busy with the PT though. You're are a busy lady who is going to be busier!
I really hope the PT helps you recover the sensations in your finger. I am sorry you've been in so much pain!
Post a Comment