Some husbands ROCK!

And some, well, some just "get lucky". Two of my friends with husbands in The Corps recently had cause to applaud their husbands. One had a husband deployed for a year and THEN was supposed to take a year unaccompanied tour. Really bad for the family but a great job for him, career wise (and the opportunity to blow stuff up... what guy doesn't LOVE that?). Instead he chose option B, an office job but the ability to stay with his family. Not sure how many husbands and/or marines put their family first like that so obviously he is a GREAT HUSBAND. The other has a husband that, in her words, is a "badass" LOL. He got into a "contractors school". Can't say I know much about that but she said her hubby was "sought after" and "one of five" to be chosen. Sounds good to me... there are a heck of a lot more than 5 guys in The Corps that's for sure! Then there is my hubby. He's gotten all kinds of great deals! Actually, he boasts he has NEVER had a bad and/or undesirable position. And now we have lucked out with South America. So when I told him about the 2 aforementioned marines he responded, I've had some of the best gigs in The Corps. But then, "I JUST GOT LUCKY"! Hey, works for me... as Mike says, "I'd rather be lucky than good".

3 comments:

Kalyn said...

Have I told you how Great you are? You and your wonderful hubby who bought you a NICE piece of jewelery for working so hard and long all by your lonesome?? Well, you are! We are lucky women aren't we???

Judy said...

Thanks for the shout-out Michelle, but to be fair and honest, "Badass" was never my term. It was borrowed.

I think it all depends on the way you look at things and how in the know you really are about your husband's career opportunities. At the end of the day, I also believe that Mike was NOT at all lucky and that he earned everything he got. That's just the way the cookie crumbles I guess. You get what you work for.

Our Family of Four said...

Interesting... I mock my husband and we get compliments... THANKS! Really I wasn't mocking him he mocked himself and I just couldn't resist posting it. My guy is ALWAYS out for the laugh. Must be where Maggie gets it. Her new motto, after a not so remoresful "sorry" for doing something wrong is... "it was REALLY funny though"! Nut case is just like her Papa :o)