Oh I feel like such the proud Mama. Max had his first school program on Friday. His class sang a
Christmas song in
Spanish to the tune of Jingle Bells and then recited the "Brown Bear" book in Spanish as well. Max's part was "
veo un profesor que me
mira a me". Translation "I see a teacher looking at me". And he did so well!!!! Nice and clear. Like I said, I was
soooo proud. Boy did we practice. I was afraid of stage fright but my little man came through. And I got THE BEST PHOTOS but my expletive camera broke and I lost them all!!!!!!
Grrrr. Colleen got a few so hopefully Max is in
at least one. When she passes them on to me I will, of course, pass them on to all of you. He was handsome too. If I do say so myself. He was wearing dark blue cords, a white turtleneck with a cute sweater vest. The sweater was red with blue trim and it had a snowman,
Christmas tree and a dog on it. Colleen also made all the kids
Santa hats out of construction paper and cotton balls. She rocks! Like I said, cross your fingers with me, Colleen may have at least one precious photo. Then all 4 preschool classes got together and did some scenes from the nutcracker. So unbelievable cute. Just imagine about 60 three and four year
olds marching with straight arms and legs and then, very funny, growing like blossoming flowers. If you've seen the nutcracker - you know what I mean. I curse myself for not bringing the video camera. Okay, enough...
Maggie went for "lunch" at her new Montessori school on Thurs. It was her "introduction". Some kids get nervous on their first day so they like to ease the kids in. Well, as suspected, my little princess needed no easing! She walked in the door and ran to another girl, whom she has never met mind you, and hugged her. She then proceeded to the "nap room" where they had set-up all the cots for after lunch, picked one out with a pretty princess blanket, and laid down. When I told her we needed lunch first she went right to a little girl and said, "Hi I Maggie. I eat lunch with you?" And also in true Maggie fashion she tried to steal food off her friends plates. So call me crazy but I think she's gonna fit in just fine!
Finally, we do have a couple cute photo's from our various Santa sightings.
Fripp Island, SC over Thanksgiving with the whole family

Fripp Island, SC just the kids

Washington DC chance encounter in front of the hardware store. Who knew Santa needed some paint too? Check out Max's serious face and Santa looks like he's a few marbles short of a full bag. But Maggie looks cute!
And last, my two LOVELY children when asked to pose in front of our Christmas tree. Note that they A. did not pose in front of the tree and B. felt it necessary to make goofy faces. They were cracking themselves up and could NOT act normal. In the end, I must admit, I love those goofy faces!
FELIZ NAVIDAD MIS AMIGAS!
2 comments:
I can't believe you didn't video it!!!!! jk. I know you are beating yourself up enough about it. I bet he was to die for in his little SWEATER VEST! I swear, that is reason alone to have a boy.
Um, classic Flynns-goofy and adorable as always. Keep the photos coming, and of course la idioma de espaƱol coming!
xoxo por las Navidades
OMG!!! They are too cute with their silly faces!!! You should have sent that photo into Ellens Funny Christmas photos. It's over now.. but there is always next year! :)
Post a Comment