What is Santa going to bring?

Yesterday we went Christmas tree hunting. It was really funny because Mike said to Max, "ssshhh, be 'kawhyat' were hunting chwistmas twees". And Max, of course, bought it and wouldn't let anyone talk for the first 5 minutes! But then he saw a horse and the whole field of trees and well, let's just say enthusiasm took over :o) The farm we went to was GREAT. Lot's of good trees to choose from and they provided the saws and string etc. After we 'hunted and killed' our tree it was treat time! Cookies, candy canes and sweet cider were all part of the deal. Don't ya just LOVE the Christmas spirit?! Anyway, as usual, Mike struck up a conversation with the owner so I chatted with his very handsome, but VERY YOUNG grandson. The kid asked Maggie what Santa was going to bring her for Christmas. She replied, in true Maggie fashion, "a monster truck!" to which Max added, "I want a GOOD truck". Get it? It's okay the kid and Mike didn't either but I thought it was hysterical. Do I need to spell it out? Nah, you all are smart!

Oh, no photo's. I forgot to bring the camera! DOH!!!!!

5 comments:

Maria said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria said...

(Sorry, typo the first time I published this comment. Had to redo since can't edit.)
Out of the mouth of babes! I got it...That's like when I was little, my parents told me we were going to Miami. I wanted to know when we were going to your-ami.
Which farm did you go to? Aw the things I missed out on by not having kids during most of my time there.

Liz said...

AWESOME. And you forgot your camera? Shame, shame.

Our Family of Four said...

Tanner's Enchanted Forest - even the name is GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Hi Flynns!

Liz sent me to your site and I have to tell you it is wonderful! I cannot believe how much Max and Maggie have grown in the few months since your move. Hope your Yule Festivities are fabulous!

Much Love,
the Flachs