Max is FOUR today!!!!

August 4, 2008
Can you beleive my baby turned 4 today? I can't! He has been soooo sad since we got here. The first day was fine but when he couldn't get the food he wanted, selection here is limited and different, and the kids at the park didn't understand him nor want to play with him and there is no tv and his toys are on a ship and his dogs are gone... Let's just say it all got to be a bit much. But luckily there are 3 year old american twins living above us and I planned ahead and packed presents and decorations so a party, although small, went off well and he was so happy. We let him pick out his cake but the presents and decorations were a big surprise as well as the kids I found to celebrate with us. We did the party yesterday and went to the park today for THREE hours. Again we scored with a 4 year old and his brother, 6 years, whose gradma spoke english and they had a blast together. Also I found a power ranger vhs at the embassy today and aomeone lent us their tv and vhs player so we scored big time! If I ever get internet I will write more about Colombia, the good bad and ugly. For now it's little day to day things I know the family wants to hear about.

4 comments:

Liz said...

happy birthday max!

omg michelle you are the best mama ever. not only did you plan ahead for a party but you found guests to attend it! amazing. =D

Brandi said...

Happy birthday Max! Liz is right, you rock Michelle. You really brightened his day during this time of change. He will adjust soon and love it, he just needs some familiar things around him to make him feel safe. Let's hurry that boat up!

Judy said...

YAY MAX! Happy Birthday! Your kids will have a much easier time than most adjusting to this difficult transition mostly due to you. You are awesome.

Kalyn said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Job Mommy!!
YOU rock! :)