The Flynn Family Circus... featuring the newly 4 year old Maggie Flynn and her sidekick, Muscle Man Max!
We wanted to hang tha so the kids could put their faces in the holes and get some fun photos but they were all too short so we filled it in with Max and Maggie. Made a great door banner though.The tower of cupcakes!
They came out pretty well but I ran out of time and had to simplify a bit. No time to make the monkeys or elephants but we did have dogs, lions and clowns!Carousel cake
No way I was making 60 plus cupcakes so I made the carousel. I knew we'd have about 30 kids but the parents, well, that could be anywhere from 30 to 60 so a cake was far easier.Treat boxes.
I love oriental trading. I put these together for like $2 a piece with clown noses, ice cream poppers, stickers, a circus frame craft and some tattoo's. So fun!This is Maggie's friend Valeria. I included the picture because she is just too darn cute. And she is playing with one of the game prizes... mini playdoh.
Knocking over the cans was a big hit.
The game ideas were great but unfortunately me and 30 spanish speaking kids were not a good mix. I failed to communicate effectively and the masses took over. They had fun playing in a most unorganized fashion and ended up just picking through the prize bins without "winning" anything. Ah well, they had fun and that's the point right? And we never did get to the pin the nose on the clown. So sad, it was the cutest. Look how cute that pinata was! I hated to bust him up...
Maggie had no issues with the idea!
Max trying to kill the clown. There really is something wrong with this game! But look at Maggie's face in the background. Not sure what that exceptionally sad look is all about!
Look at poor Max. He was so sad he couldn't reach ANY candy. Someone pulled on the pinata and decapited the poor guy. The unfortunate result was the whole body fell with the candy still inside.
The porteros and toderos (doormen and maintence guy) asked Mike how he knew one of our guests. Mike, a bit confused said, his kid goes to my kids school. Mike then comes to me and says, "Do you know who that is?" pointing out one of the Dad's. I reply, "Julio, Mikaela's Dad" He is a really nice guy - funny, personable and not bad looking. I have talked with him at some of the other birthday parties because he is approachable. Anyway, turns out he is THE Julio Cesar Herarra. I know can you believe it? Okay, me either. I was still in the, "yeah so" state of mind. Julio is a HUGE Colombian actor. He plays Freddy in the Colombian version of Ugly Betty and also has a production company. I believe the portero also mentioned some other shows but you know, it means nothing to me. Hmmm, perhaps I should have gotten a good photo and an autograph :o)




2 comments:
will you please host my next birthday party? Please?
I want to be a Flynn.
what a great birthday party!
Post a Comment