The last photos of Cartagena - I promise!

August 25, 2008

Two post in one day... I believe this is a first for me! I have soooo many photos from our trip and I feel compelled to post at least a couple from each day.

Max and Maggie had their first soda in Cartagena. Not that they haven't snuck a sip or two of mine and Mike's but this was their first real glass that I got FOR THEM. Max wasn't too impressed.

The kids drank their sodas while we waited for a cab. A Colombian couple was stationed at Quantico last year for school and are now in Cartagena so we met them for dinner out in the "old town" area of Cartagena. Soooo quaint.

Here's the kids in front of the restaurant making friends with the bull. The food here was to. die. for!


The next day we went back to do some exploring. Here's a photo of a typical street.




Max playing with the cannons.




Simon Bolivar Park


Placard from the monument.
Self portrait of me and Mag's at the Inquisition Museum.

Mike awaiting his fate.

I love how Maggie and this statue are the same size. Torture time... Maggie was NOT happy about posing for this photo. Some of the torture devices in this place were so sadistic I have no idea how anyone came up with them!

Onto happier times... our first Colombian birthday party. This was at a pizza place and seriously it was kid paradise.




Mini kids disco.


Slides - Here is the birthday boy!

Trains

Ball pits


I could go on... but the photo madness has to end somewhere!

6 comments:

Jess said...

Hey Flynn Family, hooray for UAB. I'll be singing that song soon enough. I have awarded you the "I heart your blog" award. Visit my blog for more information.
Take care of yourselves.

Kalyn said...

I wouldn't want to pose with that guy either. SCARY!!!!!Now, Mike's photo... that is funny!!! :) It's so nice to see all these photos! Thanks for sharing- have fun!!! :)

Judy said...

Agenda for the day:
1)cute photos at a meal
2)cute photos at a medieval torture device center
3)cute photos at a child's birthday party....
Go Bogota!

Just goes to show you that wherever you go, you have fun...and that's awesome! Keep' em coming!

Liz said...

hello hottie in the blue shirt! you look so pretty! =)

Mommy3 said...

Great Pics...I enjoy seeing what you guys are up to these days! Send me your email..I would love to add you to my blog!

McCoyFamily said...

You look great Michelle! Looks like you guys are having a blast:) Keep posting the great pictures!