Attache Luncheon

June 07, 2012

Every month the Attache Association has a luncheon hosted by a different country.  May was our month.  We decided to go all the way with red, white and blue everything.  The decorators did such a nice job with the backyard and the weather was PERFECT.



Setting up the quincho.

 Hmmmm, I don't know how to rotate images.  Why is it every time I figure a program out they change it!  Anyway I loved the way the fabric came down from the ceiling.




Okay, so we asked the cateres if they could do American style food.  They said yes.  Weeeellll, it was american food made in Paraguay and yeah, it could have been better.  I hate it when that happens.  But then again making lunch for 30 people myself was NOT happening!

 The whole gang!


Parting gifts - yankee candles and Washington D.C. coffee table books.  That's american right?!


The new Colombian Attache arrived this month.  They have an 8 yr old son, Max is SO happy!


Brindis (cheers)!




Okay so blogger is screwing with me!  The picture was correctly oriented but it loaded sideways.  Suggestions... anyone?

I thought since I never put up any pics of the inside of the house now might be a good time.  This is the entrance.  


Turn right into the living room...


which is in an L shape.  You can see the backyard out the sliding glass windows.


 To the left are pocket doors opening into the dining room.



 If you walk through the dining room and across a hall you are in the kitchen.  The kitchen is rather large but oh so ugly.  Enlarge the photo and check out the beautiful wall tiles.



Next to the dining room is a little t.v. room.  This is located outside the bedrooms.

That's all for now as I have a play to go see.  The high school kids are putting on FAME and my kids are DYING to go.  I think they really just wanna hang with their friends.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I love your house!!!!

Liz said...

and holy MOLY candles AND a coffee table book?! i want to come to your parties!!!