Day 2 and 3 Plus some photos and catch-up on life

June 08, 2012

So as far as this Whole 30 thing goes I'm somewhat a failure.  Okay let's face it.  This is one of those Yoda moments, "there is only do or not do" and I "not do".  Yeah I have an 8 yr. old we're all about Star Wars over here!  Anywho, yesterday was Day 2.  I did great all day until... we went to see the high school play at the kids school.  And let me just tell you it went form 85 degrees last Saturday at Maggie's birthday party to a freezing high of 50, FIFTY, yesterday.  That's a 35 degree drop in a couple days.  Brrrr!  Now I know it's winter here and all but seriously the weather down here is nuts.  It was in the 100's then 60's for 2 weeks, then back up to low 90's high 80's, low 80's and then BAM cold.  My house doesn't do cold.  The doors and windows have MAJOR gaps and the freakin' heat does.not.work.  Gah!  Oh so I'm off topic...

Okay let's get real Day 2 I was awesome.  Had left over fish and cauliflower mash from the dinner on Day 1 for breakfast.  Another belly buster smoothie, and some pork and gr. beans for dinner.  Then we went to that dang play and it was sooooo cold and the theater has no heat.  I was freezing!!!!  So at intermission I had a small cup of... head bowed in shame... hot chocolate.  But ya know what - it was worth it for a moment of warmth.  I'm a cold whimp.  I admit it!  Whatever.  I will forge ahead.

Oh yeah well that brings us to today, Day 3.  Mike hosted a breakfast at our home.  I was, for the first time ever, totally prepared!  I served them some yummy frittata with bacon, bread, jelly, juice... and did not have 1 tiny little bite.  I made my herbal "coffee" and had some shredded cabbage and carrots cooked in coconut oil.  Then I filled the crock pot with chicken and veggies for later in the day.  Went to the grocery and got stuff for the hail and farewell lunch we were hosting.  Came home and had everything ready when the guests arrived at 1.  All I had to do was go eat my crockpot chicken.  Did I?  Oh how I wish I could say yes but  no, I ate an awesome empanada and spicy sausage.  I'm taking the "one day I will succeed" approach to this Whole 30 deal.  When I get 2 days in a row of zero cheats that will be my Day 1 and 2.  Until then I'm calling these days my practice runs.

I am now the little engine that could.  I think I can, I think I can, I think I can.

I was gonna post some pics and stuff but the time has come for me to head to the movies with the girls.  Cinderella waits for no one.   And it's in ENGLISH (clapping and doing the happy dance).  Happy Friday everyone!

**Correction:  It was snow white.  Hey at least I got a fairy tale princess name!  And in spanish the title is "Blanca Nieve y el casador".  I mean come on - I'm supposed to remember that means Snow White.  It was fantastic by the way.  Go see it!

No comments: