June 09, 2012
Happy birthday to ME!!! Okay so this was a month ago but hey I haven't been posting for oh... the last year so I'm playing a bit of catch-up.
Birthday breakfast...
Made by these 2 adorable children.
How did I get so lucky?
On Saturday we had some friends over to celebrate. See the lovely cake. It was awesome. I, of course, baked the cake but Maggie and her sweet friend Kira frosted it. Lime green, neon green and pink sprinkles! I have to say the color choices were quite eye catching.
The parents hung out and ate, drank...
talked, ate, played games and did I mention the food. There is ALWAYS a food explosion at these events. So good and so bad all rolled into one!
See the balloons Maggie hung for me. Such a thoughtful girl that one is.
While the adults acted like sloth the boys ran, shot each other, and played some video games.
The girls colored with chalk and played my little pony. A brave few went in the pool. The air is still warm here but the water is cold. While it's really not colder than June in Virginia I tell you my blood has thinned and I will NOT get into the water unless it feels like bathwater. I'm a wimp and I know it. But hey, it's my birthday celebration so it's allowed.
Oh yeah and the boys also found another one of these snake like worm things. This is the same type we found in our pool back in January only about half as big.
The kids were so busy playing they ate next to nothing until they heard the birthday song.
Then they came a runnin' for some cake! Priorities people!
Good food, good friends, good fun. What more could a gal ask for on her birthday?









No comments:
Post a Comment